At SailZing, LLC we try to provide the quickest and easiest path for sailors to improve their knowledge and skills. We started by growing the content on our website and YouTube channel. Now we’re building on that effort with sailing curriculum materials.
We’ve found that many schools want a richer and fresher set of sailing curriculum materials. To fill that need, we developed SailZing Skills Kits. We think we can add value as a centralized resource to help schools maintain and improve their curriculum.
Skills Kits Supplement Your Sailing Curriculum Materials
SailZing Skills Kits give you a comprehensive set of tools to supplement your resources. You choose from a menu to fit your curriculum, students, and schedule. The content is rich, fresh, and saves prep time for your instructors!
Our kits address 28 sailing skills for your Opti program and 29 skills for your X Boat program. See the combined list of skills here. For samples, see the Opti skills kit for upwind technique here or the X Boat skills kit for starting strategy and tactics here. Tools for each skill include:
- Performance standard. This is an evaluation metric for the skill. The Opti kits have beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. The X boat kits have beginner/intermediate and advanced levels.
- Performance notes. These are detailed notes to help instructors and students visualize what “good” looks like. These are also listed by level.
- Learning activities. We’ve compiled 300+ activities: classroom, land demos and drills, on-water drills, and supplemental information (videos and reading).
- Recommendations for priority activities.
With your purchase, you get a range of supporting tools and services:
- Student evaluation forms with your organization’s name and logo
- Mostly-for-fun activities list
- Student-parent reference guide to increase involvement
- Annual updates to materials
- Annual webinar for your instructors
- Materials stored in your folder in cloud storage. Always there and easy to find. Add your own materials to have everything in one place.
What About Quality?
- We scoured dozens of existing sources to find the best content.
- Kits also point to the relevant U.S. Sailing curriculum materials.
- Piloted in 2020.
- Review and input from Gordy Bowers.
SailZing’s tools are essential for sailors and coachesGordy Bowers: former United States Head Olympic Coach, champion sailor, current Lake Minnetonka Sailing School Coach
who want to succeed in the competitive world of sailboat racing.
Order & Delivery?
- Order online in our store.
- We deliver PDFs to your folder in cloud storage. You designate access to this folder.
- Questions? Contact us at [email protected]
Our skills kits align with the U.S. Sailing curriculum materials. If you’re teaching beginners, you should have the “Small Boat Instructor Guide.” For intermediate and advanced levels, you will need “Sailing Drills Made Easy” for details about some of the skill kit drills.