Watch as Allan Terhune leads a discussion with Jeff Bonanni and Eric Doyle on E Scow upwind tuning, with photos showing trim in various conditions. All three sailors are part of the North Sails team. Eric is a Star World Champion and a sail developer. Jeff is a national E Scow champion, and Allan has won championships in multiple classes.
The video is a recording of an October 22, 2020 live webinar.
North Sails E Scow Upwind Tuning Webinar: Video Topics and Timing
- Introduction of Jeff Bonanni as a new member of the North Sails team (02:05)
- Light air trim (04:15)
- Medium air trim (11:46)
- Trimming strategies in puffs (13:30)
- Team roles in responding to puffs (20:00)
- “Speed” wrinkles in the mainsail (21:50)
- Trim differences: puffy day vs. steadier day (23:10)
- Heavy air trim (24:20)
- New Selden masts – tuning differences (29:25)
- Lower shroud tension in various conditions (31:15)
- North Sails plans for E Scow sail design (35:45)
There are some great insights in this video and we highly recommend it. These insights amplify and broaden the concepts in our upwind sail trim series. Watch for further posts about sail trim this winter.
E Scow Tuning Guides and Tips
National Class E Scow Association Home Page